Thursday, August 13, 2009

supplements

I know there are many differing opinions on taking vitamins, some even say that you just have expensive pee when you take lots of vitamins! I must say I completely disagree with this opinion. I have taken different vitamins from the drug store over the years and never felt that they made a difference. Then after reading Jenny McCarthy's book on her journey with her sons autism I decided to try excellent quality vitamins. The reason for the higher quality than you get in the drug store was to avoid things like gluten in the vitamins. All I can say is WOW! I could see a difference in the kids immediately and I felt the difference right away as well! Between the diet and the vitamins we all made huge improvements!

Here is a list of what we are all taking at the moment...

Essential fish oils
magnesium
B12
multi vitamin
zinc
Juice plus AM and PM
Probiotic

This list changes at times, sometimes there are even a few more and we are always adding new supplements to help out. If you are wondering how to get a younger child to take pills and let me tell you Kolton was not thrilled with the idea of taking anything at all! We simply let him put his capsules on a spoonful of applesauce and he downs them no problem!!

Happy vitamins!

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment